At E M T PROJECTS Building Design Consultants our experience in the building industry allows us to offer a professional approach to project planning, design and production of technical drawings so that all the objectives and requirements for your project are met. We provide quality designs and plans for all styles of building design and offer expert advice and support.
E M T also organises and coordinates planning permits and report and consent applications (dispensations), liaising with a network of consultants such as builders, engineers, building surveyors, geo-technicians, arborists and others providing a total package service for clients.
Ben Emmett, Director of E M T PROJECTS is a qualified Building Designer, Registered Building Practitioner with the Victorian Building Authority and a member of the Building Designers Association of Victoria.
What to expect as an E M T Client…
Project requirements and scope of works differ based on the design brief & nature of your requirements. Below is a general description of the process.
- Obtaining project description & preparing a design brief.
- At this stage E M T will review planning controls, aerial photographs and available property information.
- Establishing a design brief itemising your requirements.
- General discussion about site parameters.
- Presentation of fee submission.
- Outlines the services to be provided, terms and conditions, commencement dates & outlines the stages based on your particular project and associated fees.
- On approval and receipt of signed submission job is programmed in schedule.
Recording Of Existing Conditions & Relative Information
- Dependent on the nature of the project, i.e. extension / renovation, addition to existing dwelling the initial works include recording of the existing conditions ‘measure up’ of house and surrounding details as required.
- This is the exciting part! Designer and client ideas are work-shopped encompassing preferred housing or building style, materials, features & site parameters relative to the individual project. It’s always a good idea to have a design folio (digital scrap book etc) started as early as possible to enable clear communication and development of creative opportunities.
Council / Authority Applications:
- Preparation of town planning application for council.
- Includes written report (by either E M T Projects or appointed planner).
- Production of drawing set, specific to the project and in relation to municipal overlays that may apply to your site.
Building Permit & Construction Drawings for Building Permit
- Design & drawing completion. Preparation of documentation for building permit and construction purposes.
- Prepare brief for and issue technical design drawing set to associate consultants such as, Structural Engineer, Building Surveyor, Geotechnical, Thermal Assessor for appointment as approved by client.
- Liaise with relative consultants and update drawing set.
- Technical drawings developed.
- Consolidate drawing set as required for building permit approval by appointed Building Surveyor and quoting purposes for Builder / Contractors
- Drawings include: floor plans, sections, elevations, required details, roofing plans, door & window schedules.
- Alternate drawings can be provided if requested such as joinery details, internal elevations, electrical layouts, landscape concepts and any special requests.
- Assistance with selection of builder if requested.
Please note E M T Projects will fashion the services provided based on your individual requirements and ensure provision of a competitive high quality service.
Let E M T know what you need and we will strive to deliver the best possible project experience.
We look forward to working with you on your very important project soon.